Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Day 1

PROMPT: What would be going on inside the head of a young executive nervously biting her nails?


Oh god. I can’t believe I just hit ‘Send.’ How can I have hit send just like that? They should ask you every time if you are sure want to send the message. I’m sure the few times when that saves someone’s ass would totally outweigh the time when it’s a pain. Crap. I wonder if the ‘undo’ button works. Sometimes I think that then only half the message sends and you end up looking even stupider. I’m not really sure that makes sense.
Okay, so you’re the assistant of partner at a major law firm and you just sent an email to a competing firm containing all of the notes from the meeting with the client. Let’s think about this rationally. Step one… step one should be telling my boss? Telling someone more sympathetic? Asking for advice? Calling the assistant at the competing firm? Going over there and crying to her face? Make up a story about a bad day and that you broke up with your boyfriend this morning? Maybe spill coffee down your shirt on the way over there. Just for some authenticity. That might not be a bad more. Right?
Alright. Deep breaths. In. Out. What was in those notes? Was it anything truly vital? Anything case changing? I don’t think so, but that’s why I’m not the actually lawyer. I’m going to get fired over this if I don’t fix it. There’s no question about it. I feel like I want to throw up right now.
New email. There can’t possibly be a reply already. Wait. Mail delivery system. Delivery to the recipient failed. I typed it in wrong! It didn’t send. Thank god… I’m going to need another manicure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment